Thursday, May 28, 2009

The day before the move

Dan is visiting, but leaves tomorrow. He went to see his grandmother this morning and had breakfast with her. Tomorrow is moving day and Leola will spend her first night as a member of our household tomorrow night. Yikes! Here we go.

Things are really winding down at work. Two weeks left and those days are filled with events, field trips, assemblies etc. I started packing my teaching materials yesterday. As I went through materials and books I have used over the last 17 years, I found myself wondering why I am saving any of it. At the back of my mind is the fear that I might have to go back to work and I'll need this stuff. However, I can't really picture myself working as a teacher again. It is hard to imagine I won't be back, but it's a delicious thought and I feel contentment every time I realize I am really retiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment