Sunday, May 31, 2009

Later on Sunday

Well, I spoke too soon about the sleeping 10 hours. Jon said he heard his mother downstairs during the night. He got up and she was in the garage asking how to get out. After he got her back to sleep, he had a restless night. I know it sounds like we are keeping her prisoner. In a way we are, but it is for her own safety until the trauma of the move dissolves into a routine.

Shopping for underwear for a 92 year old, 90 lb. woman who has had a mastectomy is tricky. I saw what panties she had already and made a mental note of the style and size. The bras were more difficult. Her existing bras were so old I couldn't see a size. I guessed her to be a 32A, but wasn't sure. I measured her chest with a tape measure and with a sweater on - 31 inches. She proclaimed she had always worn a 30. Try finding a bra in a size 30A - especially one without wire, but with padding. The choices are limited - even in a 32. It occured to me to buy a sports bra, but rejected that idea becaue it would be too hard for her to put on. I finally bought three, slightly padded, no underwire bras in size 32A and just hoped they fit.

No comments:

Post a Comment