Monday, August 31, 2009

The Bitch

I spent the weekend in San Francisco with Dan, so I missed a visit from Jon's niece, Trista (Eric's sister), husband and son, who is Leola's only great grandchild. They came from Yakima, WA to visit Leola at her new home and take her out to lunch. Jon had not visited her all week at the caregiver's request, but planned to go on Sunday after Trista and family left. He asked Trista to get a feel for how Leola was feeling about Jon and me. Here's how that went:

Leola says to Trista, "You know why I'm here don't you?"

"I think so." she says.

"Because Jon ran off with that bitch, Julie."

Jon said Trista seemed reluctant to tell him this, but it was what he was expecting. Actually, he had hoped she was over this particular delusion, but wasn't sure he was ready for the next one, whatever it might be.

At this point, I thought nothing would surprise me, but I didn't expect to be called a bitch and I have to admit it hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment