Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Burt's Bees

She washed the dishes with "Burt's Bees Hand Salve" the other night. I keep a tin of "Burt's Bees" next to the sink in the kitchen to use on my hands after gardening, cleaning or using solvents in the studio. It's heavy, thick and waxy, the consistency of petroleum jelly. We left some dishes in the sink after dinner since the dishwasher was full, intending to clean up a little later. Leola came to tell me her hands were greasy. I suggested she use soap and wash them. She replied she had used soap but it made it worse. I assumed she was confused and ignored it. Later after she had gone to bed, Jon said, "I think mom washed the dishes with Burt's Bees Hand Salve." After closer inspection I saw he was right. A waxy film was smeared all over the dishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment