Sunday, August 2, 2009

I must be looking for escape. I decided I needed to read all the Harry Potter books this summer. I read the first one way back when it came out, but I never got the bug. I reread it and now I'm on #3. But that's not enough. I rented the first season of "The Sopranos" and now both Jon and I are totally sucked in. Over the last few years, we've enjoyed renting some of the HBO and Showtime series - especially in the summertime. We don't watch anything on TV normally, but we devour some of these series. First was "Queer As Folk" followed by "Six Feet Under" (my favorite). Then "Weeds", "Rome", "Deadwood", and "The Wire" (another favorite). We also watched "Seinfeld", "Curb Your Enthusiasm"and "Sex in the City", but those we didn't start at the beginning and watch all the way through like the others. I always wanted to start "The Sopranos", but couldn't commit to the time. Now... Hey I'm retired and I need an escape. The first episode when Tony has to deal with his aging mother was interesting. Jon said it didn't quite ring true.

He said "All the characters seem so real except the his mom, but I'm warming up to her."

Leola heard the words "Mom" and "warming" and ran with it., "What? No my feet are warm. Are yours? Do you need a blanket?"

No comments:

Post a Comment