Sunday, June 7, 2009

That' my cat!


You think you'd know someone if you've lived with him for 35 years, and you do - no question about it. I've seen Jon show more patience with his aged mother than he showed to our children when they were small. How is that possible? I'm in awe of his patience.

He wants this to work and I'm really trying. I want it to work, too. I spent this whole freaking day with her, going through her things, bringing her tea, making dinner (soup, because she likes soup), redirecting her inane babble. Leola always did talk, ALOT. I remember thinking when we were younger that when she got senile, who would know? She just talked so much no one paid much attention. Well, we are paying attention and we can tell she's losing her marbles, but that doesn't stop her from talking. She talks because she can.

No comments:

Post a Comment