Monday, June 8, 2009

My Final Week

This is my last week of work. It's oddly warm, but cloudy - unlike Portland weather. My brain tells me (and so does every adult in my building) I must be elated, but I'm not. Of course, I'm relieved. I won't have to get up and go to work every day, especially on Mondays. I won't have to deal with the everyday politics that drive me nuts. No more public school buildings with faulty, old heating systems churning out 80 degree heat so I can't possibly wear a sweater during the winter, no more smell of corn dogs at lunch time or needing sunglasses and/or rain gear at recess. Most of us visualize the planned end of our employed career will have some significance - some drama. But it doesn't. At least not so far. Not that I need any more drama...

No comments:

Post a Comment