Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What a show!

At breakfast this morning, Leola asked Jon, "How did you like the show?"

"What show?" he asked

"You went up to Portland for a show, how was it?" she said.

"I don't know what you're talking about. How about you eat your breakfast", he suggested.

"Oh, OK"

Sixty seconds later she says, "How was the show?"

"Mom, I didn't go to a show. I just got up." he replies.

"You said you were going to Portland to go to a show." she insists.

"Mom, I'm in Portland, in my house and I didn't go to a show."

"OK, I'll be quiet and eat."

I get up and begin to load the dishwasher. Maybe 90 seconds goes by.

I hear her ask, "How was the show?"

At this point I'm laughing. Jon gets up , grabs a pen and post-it note and writes, "I did not go to a show" and gives it to her.

As I'm walking upstairs to brush my teeth, I hear her say "But I thought you went to a show. Maybe Julie went to the show."

Breakfast entertainment. It's better than TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment