Monday, June 29, 2009

Stream of conciousness

I'm sitting in my living room with Leola. She is "reading" meaning she has a book, but she has not stopped asking me questions. "Where's my car? Where's Jon? Who is that man I came here with? Where did I go on that trip I took? What time is it? Jon sure has been gone a long time. Where did he go? Is my car outside? How am I going to get home? Have you been in my house? Did you drive me here? I think I must be going crazy. Is it because I'm old? Who is upstairs? I thought I saw someone up there? Who was it who said there was somebody moving in to my house? Are you still teaching? What time is it? Jon sure has been gone a long time. Is my car outside? When did we go to Europe? Didn't we go to Europe? Where did you go to school? Where did you meet Jon? Are you still teaching? We didn't go to your wedding did we? Why not? So you met Jon when he was in school? Why didn't I go to your wedding? What was my other son's name? What did he die of? He didn't look like Jon, did he? Where did Jon go? What is your last name? Really? That's funny. That was my husband's name. No Maybe it was my first husband. We had 2 rooms in that motel. How many people stayed in your room? Wasn't there another couple who stayed in your room? I had a sickness that made my brain go away. Why can't I remember? I see you in the fireplace glass. You look good in the fireplace. Did you like teaching? Are you going to do it again? I taught swimming and dancing? I have to think. Did I teaching swimming and dancing? Do you feel the same way I do that no matter what's gone on, I've had a wonderful life? I just thought of something. How am I going to get home? I guess I'll take the bus. Where is the bus station? Can I see what you're doing? What is that? What's a blog? What time is it? Jon sure has been gone a long time. You sure are pretty. I never get tired of looking at you. Did you have a wedding? Why didn't I come? My kids sure were different. They take more after their father's side because they were both smart. I got good grades, too. Do you like teaching school? When do you go back? I taught swimming and dancing, but I never got paid for it. We performed a lot. I just taught kids I knew. I wonder how I knew them? I swam in the Columbia. I used to love to swim. I'm going to go back there and see my little cave. Do you know what I used to do in my cave? I used to smoke. There were only 10 kids in my school. One of my girlfriends was queen of the Rose Festival, Jean Lafferty. I haven't seen her for a long time. I wonder what happened to her. Where did you go to school? Why aren't we in bed? What time is it? Don't you feel like I do that I've had a wonderful life? That's the way to feel don't you think?"

Yes, I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment