Sunday, June 14, 2009

Moving right along

On Friday evening, my last day of work, I met the women in my book group at a gallery called 23sandy. We don't usually have our book group at a gallery, but this was a show called "The Beautiful Book". We saw works by artists exploring the allure of books, bookmaking and poetry. Fascinating subjects incorporating many media. What a wonderful way to end a career in teaching literacy.
Once upon a time in 2001-2002, my 6 friends and I all worked together at Rieke School. Only one still teaches at Rieke, but we share a strong bond of friendship and a love of learning. We were all to go to dinner after the gallery, but I had made plans to have dinner with Jon to celebrate my retirement. Yummy food at Paley's Place! Rabbit ravioli with morels and fava beans - lord have mercy!

No comments:

Post a Comment