Friday, July 17, 2009

Friday, July 17

Jon left with Leola at 7:30 this morning because she is having a couple of medical procedures. For the first time in nearly 2 months I was able to relax alone with a cup of coffee and the newspaper at my kitchen table. Most mornings I find myself hurrying through breakfast then retreating with the NY Times upstairs before Leola comes to breakfast. Or, in another tactic of self defense, I take the paper and coffee outside on the deck where, of course, she won't stay because it's "so cold". Every morning, Jon puts out her breakfast when he eats. A place mat, napkin, a bowl of cereal w/fruit, a small pitcher of milk, sugar and a coffee cup. If he finishes before she's upstairs, he can go to work in his office and not worry about her. She washes all her dishes by hand which gives her something to do in the morning. She keeps her room as neat as a pin, but when I put away some of her laundry, I noticed her drawers and cupboards are jumbled chaos.

Right now, I'm just enjoying the time alone in the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment