Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wednesday, July 16

I'm beginning to understand something. Leola had a condition that was years ago called manic-depression. As I mentioned before she had many symptoms of what could be termed "mania" but hardly ever the "depression" part. Even when she was taking lithium for it, she was always hyper and sometimes manic to the point one of us had to cue her to can it (usually Jon). Remember I mentioned she seemed so quiet?... well yesterday I watched her spin into manic mode again. The bazillion questions, not sleeping, free association, anxiety about her whereabouts etc. I'm beginning to understand that we are dealing with more than dementia. It is manic-depression along with dementia. Joshua Goldbloom, if you are out there, please advise!

No comments:

Post a Comment